Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hello

What a great relief it is to be able to share my life, without having to use words.

I've started using picasa's Hello software to post images. It is very easy to do, and I highly recommend it for anyone desiring to branch out beyond words.

My only complaint would be that the resized images aren't as sharp as the original, especially the larger (1024) pictures. But why should I complain about something that is free?

And it is free... so what is their business model? How can this be making anybody any money? I'm guessing google has a hand in this somewhere and are using it in their plan to take over the world. I should get in on that action while I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seth said...

There are two things I dislike about Hello. I wish you could format text from Hello before you send it (ie. font/size/color/hyperlink/blockquote)

The other thing I don't like is that you can only post one picture per post (I think). I got around this by posting multiple pictures in multiple posts, then copying the picture links, and then deleting the multiple posts and inputing all the picture links into one single post....Did that make sense? :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Nathan Colgate said...

I've just started to see some interesting images hosting services out there. tinypic.com is one of them.

The problem with these is that there is no guarantee of picture life. I feel that with picassa/hello it would be a detriment to google/blogger to delete your pictures or stop being a service. Therefore my pictures will be around for ever and ever.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home