Friday, May 06, 2005

Search Engine Visibility

As some of you may know, I recently redesigned the Jews for Jesus Website. It is a sweet little database driven web application that is easy to maintain, standards compliant, and (hopefully) easy to get around. We launched it in mid-march without much fanfare or ticker tape.

One of the goals for the site was search engine visibility. I wanted Google's army of robots to latch onto the site like little binary parasites. Using the mostly internet resources on how to do this (the book is still in my wishlist if anyone cares to randomly bless my library) it appears to have succeeded.

As of today I am quite proud to announce these rankings on google.

Google Rankings for jewsforjesus.org
QueryRankingThoughts
Jews for Jesus1Not to suprising. Of interest though would be the "Sponsored Link" on the right to an opposing organization. This means that they are paying google to place their ad there whenever someone searches for the phrase 'Jews for Jesus'. Silly rabbits.
Messianic Jews9Cool I guess. The word 'messianic' doesn't come into my vocabulary very often so I'm not to concerned.
Jews1Great Scott! If anyone googles 'jews' our site comes up first! Needless to say we are very happy about this.
Jesus3Another amazing ranking, although we are behind a rather disturbing "Jesus Dress Up" site.

So, to God be the glory for the great things He has been doing on the web.

3 Comments:

Blogger the Opinionator said...

I actually have you listed as second in a search for "Jesus"

-Ben

Take a look:

http://www.google.com/search?q=jesus&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

11:44 AM  
Blogger Rich Robinson said...

"army of robots to latch onto the site like little binary parasites" this is an interesting phrase and for some reason the image conjures up ideas of invasions of nanobots taking over the world.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm quite impressed with your rankings all around. And I agree with Doug--"Jews" in first place... who woulda guessed?

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home