Monday, February 21, 2005

They Don't Talk Back

(San Francisco, CA) This man was vehemently address the bricks this morning. The dialogue sounded like a charismatic hymn, complete with clapping, stomping of feet, and raising of hands.

In general, people here talk to themselves. I have seen people deeply engaged with the object sitting across from them at the cafe: their backpack. Execs always look like their talking to themselves, then you see the little cell phone ear bud. Users start talking to you, but then keep talking to someone else. Unsound characters are always muttering to themselves, or an unseen friend.


It all makes very strong arguments for a parallel spiritual world. I wonder if the mentally unstable and the drug users are so completely disconnected to this world, that they gaze straight into the other.

I have caught myself talking to me. But it was just verbal processing... right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home