Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Reso-phobic

To catch us all up to speed, I've left the Jews, and am currently saving the world one virus at-a-time at McAfee.

Taking from an old skit:

Nate: My commute has change from an hour and fifteen minute train ride to an hour long car ride through evil evil traffic.

You: Oh, that's bad.

Nate: Not really. I've listened to The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Rings in the car, and am already starting The Two Towers.

You: Oh, that's good!

Nate: Actually, I've had to burn the Mp3s onto CDs every night. Two CD's per day for the last four weeks... it is starting to get annoying.

You: Oh, that's bad.

Nate: Again, not really. It has given me reason to give in and buy an iPod (yes, the latest Video one) and all the fun equipment to hook the iPod up to my car stereo.

You: Oh, that's good!

Nate: Heck yeah, that's good!

I digress. My real reason for posting, as alluded (sp?) to in the Title, is my recently acknowldedged fear: resolution.

Which is ironic, because I am a problem solver by nature and by trade. But from this same source comes the dichotemic problem: I want to solve problems, but I also DON'T want to solve problems, because then there will be no more problems to solve.

Case-in-point: I've spent the last three weeks trying to solve an absurd rendering problem for our site redesign (March 21, 2006... keep your eyes peeled). This is the last big problem of 30 or so. 30 minutes ago I solved it. After dancing a jig around the office, I sat down to implement it and... I couldn't. I found myself dawdling with other projects, writing this blog, checking my mail, etc.

I am reso-phobic.

What will come next? Smaller problems will be unsatisfying, like crumbs on the ground after a feast. Bigger problems will... will there be bigger problems? is this it? is this the peak of my architecture project? shouldn't I let it linger?! shouldn't I relish this moment for a while?!

3 Comments:

Blogger the Opinionator said...

WHAAAAA?! wait wait wait wait wait less than 2 weeks apart?! WHAT'S HAPPENING! Our calculations were all off...how could we be so WRONG?!

-Ben

9:16 PM  
Blogger DellaRose said...

ha, ha
querks are funny, especially when realized and made fun of by the one possesing them, it's one of my favorites!

6:54 PM  
Blogger S. Naima said...

I used to do volunteer work for Jews for Jesus & came across your page. I can't see myself working for them again but still admire what they do.
Cheers,
Sarah

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home